She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, August 24, 2019

SARATOGA TRAVERS DAY PICK 5 PICKS


It's going to be a great day of racing today at Saratoga on this Travers Day! 

I'm swinging for the fences, re-investing some of the money I've made up there this summer, in the Late Pick 5 . Starting in Race 7, there are four Grade I and one Grade II races in this sequence. 

Here's how I'm playing the .50 cent Pick 5 sequence. As always, use my picks anyway you want, and since this was posted around 9 a.m. Saturday morning...there might well be scratches...but the weather forecast is 0% chance of rain and temperatures in the mid-seventies. 

Here we go! 

RACE 7 --  H. Allen Jerkins Stakes GI

1 -- Shancelot
4 -- Borracho
9 -- Hog Creek Hustle


RACE 8 --  Balliston Spa Stakes GII

2 -- Fifty Five
3 -- Secret Message
5 -- Indian Blessing


RACE 9 -- Personal Ensign Stakes GI 

1 -- Midnight Bisou
4 -- Elate


RACE 10 --  Sword Dancer Stakes GI 

4 -- Channel Cat
7 -- Annals of Time
8 -- Channel Maker
9 -- Sadler's Joy


RACE 11 -- The Travers Stakes GI 

2 -- Code of Honor
6 -- Tacitus
7 -- Mucho Gusto
12 -- Tax


My .50 wager for the sequence costs $144, but remember our adages here..., (1) don't be afraid to spend money to make money and (2) coverage is important. 

Once again, play 'em anyway you like and the picks are in Post Position order, not in top pick order. I've highlighted my favorite in each race. 


<><><><><><><><><><><>  LONGSHOT ON TODAY'S CARD<><><><><><><><><><>

RACE 1 -- #4 Memories of Peter

(I'm hearing good things about the recent claim of Memories of Peter. He shortens up today in distance and the change in jockeys (to turf speed jock Kendrick Carmouche) should really benefit his early, take the lead, running style.

He got bumped coming out of the gate last time out...in the West Point Stakes at Saratoga and lost all chance of winning after that. He drops back to optional claiming today and should have a much easier go of it .

I think he'll get the lead easily and hang on. but, in case he doesn't,  I'm going with a win, place, show wager. He could be a gift at morning line 12-1 odds !!

Good Luck and Have fun! 


paulie
xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.