She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Omaha Beach a Derby Scratch -- Now what? -- THURSDAY PICKS


With OMAHA BEACH scratching from the Kentucky Derby with a breathing/throat problem, my favorite to win the Derby is now also in the barn and on the sidelines.

I'll add TACITUS to my list of five horses to watch.

Tacitus ran well in winning the Wood Memorial in New York, out-dueling Tax in the stretch and Churchill has that long, long stretch...so I' have to move Tacitus into the spot.

So, the final five for me, as it stands now...is Roadster, Game Winner, By My Standards, Code of Honor and Tacitus. If pressed for a winner out of this bunch, I guess I'll land on Roadster. 

He's a Baffert horse. Florent Geroux is a very capable jockey. He did well in the Santa Anita Derby getting past Game Winner. That's about all I got.

Let me tell you that this picking of Roadster is far from a confident pick, however. I'll watch track conditions Saturday and decide how I'll go about wagering.


WEDNESDAY RESULTS

I gave you three plays yesterday. we went 2 for 3.

We hit the 4th race exacta with the 3-1.. Paid $25.60 on the $2 wager

We hit the 7th race exacta withthe 5-1 .. Paid $23.60 on the $2 wager

We miised on the late pick three (8,9,10). Didn't have the ninth race -- a 25-1 shot -- but
ran a VERY CLOSE second with the #1 who was also 25-1. BALLLONS !

*****************************************************************************


THURSDAY SELECTIONS (UPDATED 11:45 AM)

As usual, I'll give you four horses or entries. You decide what to do with them. I list my favorite on top.

RACE 1 --  Five Furlongs -- 2 yr old maidens -- 100K 

1 -- LADY DELAWARE
4 -- MEMORABLE
7) -- DEVIANT
8) -- ENFORCEABLE 

RACE 2 --  1-1/16TH MILE -- CLAIMING 50K

2 -- COWBOY RHYTHM
1 -- HE'S BANKABLE
4 -- SUPREME AURA
6 -- STRONG YEN

RACE 3  -- 1 MILE -- MAIDENS 100K

4 -- SWEET ADDISON
5 -- AWESOME ONE
6 -- MY MAJESTIC ROSE
7 -- SECOND COMING


RACE 4 -- 1-1/16TH MILE -- CLAIMING 10K

2 - EVENING TIDE
4 -- KATIE THE CUTIE
1 - SHE TAKES HEART
5 - MORTY


RACE 5 --  1-1/16TH MILE (TURF) - ALLOWANCE 103K

3 -- PENALTY
7 -- CLEAR FOR ACTION
9 -- BATTLE OF MEMPHIS
2 -- ARMISTICE DAY


RACE 6 -- 6 FURLONGS -- MDN CLAIMING 30K

8 -- JD'S GIRL
3 -- WON LIL INDIAN
5 -- PAIGELY
2 -- PASSION'S IMAGE


RACE 7 -- 6 FURLONGS -- CLAIMING 5K

8 -- BUGGY BROWN
1 - SWAMP RULER
2 - ARCH YOU READY
5 -- BOURNE IN NIXA

RACE 8 -- 1 MILE (TURF)  OPENING VERSE STAKES 115K

2 -- HOT SPRINGS
4 -- FIRST PREMIO
7 -- BALLAGH ROCKS
9 -- OM

RACE 9 --  1-1/16TH MILE -- CLAIMING 30K

4 -- DATA DAMSEL
5 -- IPANAMA BEACH
1 -- HOUSTON STRONG
2 -- BODE ON TAP

RACE 10 -- 5-1/2 FURLONGS (TURF) -- UNBRIDLED SIDNEY STAKES -- 125K

7 -- MORTICIA
8 -- RUBY NOTION
9 -- EXCESSIVE SPENDING
2 -- SURRENDER NOW


RACE 11 -- 1 MILE -- CLAIMING 20K

4 -- ALZHAI
9 -- TAYLOR'S EDGE
10 -- TOP MENTION
2 -- LETHAL LEVY


GOOD LUCK!

paulie
xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.