She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Friday, December 23, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Here is the annual Christmas letter my wife and I send each year. I hope
all of our Handicapping Heroes friends and readers have a great Christmas
and New Year! 

Paulie  


A year of changes and developments. The biggest news is actually from 2015. 
Sonya's mom passed away on 12/21/15 after losing her battle to pulmonary 
fibrosis. 
It was a sad story...seeing this decline in a woman who had always been so 
strong and independent. 
 
We remain, dealing with the affairs of estate and properties. We are going 
through 50+ years of accumulations and memories. Somedays, it is not easy. 
 
I'm 60 now and seem to be busier than when I was in the "working world" 
Retirement? 
Not hardly. Between two websites, several weekly radio appearances on a couple 
of different radio stations and close involvement with the University of 
Louisville's women's athletic department I stay busy. That, and being recently elected 
vice-president of Sportsmen's Supper Club, the daily tasks of our house and Amy's...
I haven't slowed down a bit. I suppose that's good...I haven't retired to the rocker and 
racetrack yet but somedays that sounds awfully good. 
 
Sonya is still part of the Fern Creek Elementary custodial staff. They recently 
got a new principal and her life isn't as stressed. The work remains hard but she's 
blessed with good co-workers and a boss that listens instead of criticizes. She expanded 
her landscaping hobbies by taking on the task of creating a native-plant garden in 
front of the school. Many long hours/weekends filled with working the soil, planting, 
landscaping and planning. We'll see the results this spring. I imagine it will be beautiful. 
She also is busy with the estate. Still going strong at 59...she has much more energy 
than I it seems and still keeps that beautiful smile and inquisitive nature that I love so much. 
 
Anita remains busy with family and work in California. So does Gary in Boca 
Raton. We think of them often. 
 
So...we continue on. Each day a new experience. Full of bright possibilities and 
the occasional disappointment or setback. Forward is the direction, though, and 
positive the outlook and guiding directive. 
 
Wishing you the best of holidays and a great 2017! 
 
Paulie and Sonya.


We'll see you in March for our handicapping columns and show///plus occasion entries like this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.