She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Just scraping by

I woke up this morning laughing, which is a rarity for me...it usually takes a few cups of coffee and a cold-water face wash before I'm capable of one-syllable words. 

I am planning on doing some paint-scraping on the garage at the old house (as compared to the current house or the south end house). The City of Louisville has requested that I do this. They aren't offering to help. Neither are my renters. It really doesn't look all that bad...but they want to return the alley behind the garage back to a pristine and natural state. I guess they want the drug-dealers and boozers to have a pleasurable stay while they do who-knows-what back there. After I get the garage scraped, I have to paint it.  

The reason for the laughter wasn't about the alley but about a scene I remember from a movie many years ago. Seems Like Old Times starred Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn. I remembered the line where Aurora the Housekeeper told Goldie Hawn she had to go get her "feet scraped" and it reminded me of the garage.

Clip below. Have a great Wednesday. 

Feet Scraped 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.