She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, February 16, 2020

SATURDAY RESULTS FROM RISEN STAR AT FAIRGROUNDS


RISEN STAR RAISES BANKROLL 

I've had a saying here at Paulie's Picks over the years, Sometimes you need to spend a little money to make a little money. That proved to be the case yesterday when I outlined a comprehensive but a bit expensive Pick 4. The $128 investment returned $1840.30 on a fifty cent Pick Four wheel. If you played it as a $2 wager, the cost would have been $512, but your return was $7,361.20. 

On the day, I offered a total of 19 horses to consider for the sequence. I ended up playing 17 of them. Seven runners in race 10, three runners in race 11, four horses in race 12 and three horses in race 13. Out of the 17, I had four winners, three seconds and three thirds. That's a 59% "in the money number, and we filled 75% of the win, place and show pool for the sequence. No matter how you played the picks, you had success. I hit three exactas, two triectas, both Pick 3's and the Pick 4. 

The winners paid $18.00, $7.40, $17.00 and $27.80. Exactas returned $18.80, $15.00 and $83.20. The trifectas awarded $73.20 and $287.00. The two Pick 3's in the four race sequence were worth $450.00 and $914.80. 

It was a good day at Fairgrounds, no matter how you bet the picks. 

Knocking off the favorites in each race boosted the pot. Off our "watch" list in the 10th, Factor Time wired the field at 8-1 odds. My top pick in the 11th, Finite, upset heavily favored British Idiom at 5-2 odds. Mr. Monomoy, another top pick for me, ran past Enforcable to win at 8-1 odds.in Race 12. In the 13th. race, Modernist, rode the rail like I surmised he would, and upset Anneau D'or at 13-1 odds. 

I love days like this. 

Obviously, I'm not going to guarantee you these kind of results each Saturday here. But, it's a nice start to the "Derby trail" handicapping. A friend, Curtis F., called me after the 13th. race ecstatic. He tried the two Pick 3's in the sequence, spent $112 on the first Pick 3 and $64 on the second pick 3...$1 wheels each, and cashed out for $682. He also dabbled in a few win wagers and cleared about $150 on those. 

He highly recommends The Winners Circle off-track wagering facility, off Eastern Blvd., in Clarksville, IN. I haven't made the excursion there yet, but, others have told me it's a nice facility.  

Wake up, Kentucky legislatures. You could do the same. 



paulie
xxxxx


1 comment:

  1. As Paulie mentioned, I made huge bucks yesterday. I'm a believer.

    Curtis F.

    ReplyDelete

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.