She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Keeneland Results -- 10/19/19

Sometimes, despite all the handicapping, analysis work and searching for trends...the horses fail to agree with your research. 

Such was the day yesterday at Keeneland. The "shots" were finding success in the late Pick 4 sequence and that's not a good thing when you're not playing them. 5-1, 18-1, 13-1 and 24-1. I won't belabor this any further. 

I gave you (16) horses to consider. Out of them, I managed three "seconds" and one "third"..  That's a pretty woeful 25% "in the money". 

That $96 I put down for $2 WPS on all 16 returned a paltry $30. 

There are going to be days like Saturday. As a handicapper, you shake it off, go back and look for any type of trend in the winners...but there was nothing. Speed won, closers won, different post positions won and four different trainers/jockey combinations won. 

A day at the races.. Keeneland being Keeneland.  Move on. 


paulie
xxxxx . 











No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.