She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, November 7, 2021

SATURDAY BREEDERS CUP RESULTS --- 11/6/21

 A great day of racing in the Breeders Cup yesterday with a few big surprises several amazing finishes. No rain and a nine race Breeders Cup Stakes race sequence I attempted to handicap. 

I provided 34 horses (after scratches) to consider in the nine races. Out of those, I had six winner, six places and five shows. That equals out to a 50% "in the money" percentage. Out of the 27 "payable" spots I filled 17 for a 63% success rate. 


RACE 4 -- CECE upset GAMINE to take the F&M Sprint. at 6-1 odds. I had both. A well timed ride by Victor Espinoza for Michael McCarthy. 

RACE 5 -- In the Turf Sprint, GOLDEN PAL (5/2) proved to be best. I had him and LT.DAN who ran second. Irad Ortiz, Jr had the mount for Wesley Ward.

RACE 6 -- What a convincing win in the Dirt Mile by LIFE IS GOOD (3/5). I had that one and GINOBILI, who ran second. Another win for Irad Ortiz, Jr, this time for Todd Pletcher. The Pick 3 paid $55.05 on the .50 cent wager. 

RACE 7 -- In the F&M Turf, a bit of a surprise when LOVES YOU ONLY got the win at 4-1 odds. The Japanese entry beat my picks MY SISTER NAT, who ran second and WAR LIKE GODDESS, who got third. Yuga Kawada got his firsst-ever Breeders Cup race win and Yoshitu YAhagi trained. A $26.75 Pick 3 payout.

RACE 8 -- ALOHA WEST hit the wire first in the Sprint, and I had him at 11-1 odds. A great ride from Jose Ortiz for Wayne Catalano. I also had DR.SCHIVEL, who got second in a photo. $80.50 on the Pick 3. 

RACE 9 -- SPACE BLUES ruled in the Turf Mile at 2-1 odds. I also had SMOOTH LIKE STRAIGHT who ran third. The Irish entry was piloted by William Buick and trained by Charles Appleby. 

RACE 10 -- A big bomb exploded in the Distaff when 45-1 shot MARCHE LORRAINE crossed the wire first. Oisin Murphy got his first Breeders Cup Day win ever for Japanese trainer Yoshito Yagagi. I had MALATHAAT, who got third. The Pick 3 was worth $1679.50 !! 

RACE 11 -- YIBIR (8-1) took a highly contested Turf race. The Great Britain entry was ridden by William Buick for Charles Appleby. I had TEONA, who ended up third. $947.75 on the Pick 3. 

RACE 12 -- It was KNICKS GO from gate-to-wire in the Classic at 2-1 odds. I loved this one, and had him, along with third place runner ESSENTIAL QUALITY. Joel Rosario with the win for Brad Cox. The Pick 3 paid $917.50 and if you were fortunate to hit that Late Pick 4 -- congratulations on a $4403.75 pay day.  It should be noted they ran the "Derby Distance" of 1-1.4th miles in 1:59:57 --  almost breaking the Breeders Cup record of 1:59:02 back in 2004 at Lone Star Park by Ghostzapper.

It was a rough day of wagering for me, I tried (6) rolling pick threes and the Late Pick 4. A layout of $288 and return of just $55.05. Maybe that's why I don't bet California tracks anymore...A good day for Japanese racing, Charles Appleby, William Buick and Irad Ortiz, Jr who all got two wins. 

We'll "give it a go" next Saturday at Churchill.


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.