She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, November 14, 2021

CHURCHILL DOWNS RESULTS -- 11/13/21

 

An OK Day handicapping Churchill Saturday's card, but I ultimately fell short on the goal of hitting the late Pick 4. 

I gave you 16 horses to consider in Races 8-11, I had three winners, two seconds and three thirds. That's a 50% in the money number. I filled eight of the 12 payable slots.--good for a 66% success rate. 

(Honestly, I made my money yesterday on Race 5 yesterday.  I loved Parlance, with Leparoux riding for Steve Asmussen and he won convincingly. That $60 investment ($20 WPS) brought me back $212 and paid for my Pick 4 foolishness. 


RACE 8 -- EPICENTER (3-1) knocked me out of the Pick 4 early. A wire-to-wire win for Joel Rosario and Asmussen. I had SEAL BEACH, who ran a good second. 

RACE 9 -- GIRL WITH A DREAM was sent off at even money and got it done for Rosario again, this time with Brad Cox training. I also had PIPELINE GIRL, who ran third. 

RACE 10 -- SCONSIN scratched and that was my top pick in the Dream Supreme Stakes. I did have BELL'S THE ONE,(4/5) who nudged out CLUB Car, who I also had. Corey Lanerie won on his 47th. birthday for Neil Pessin. I also had FRANK'S ROCKETTE who ended up third. 

RACE 11 -- CALL ME MIDNIGHT (2-1) ran down ALMANZO to win the final. I had both. James Graham on board for J. Keith Desormeaux. I also had QUICK TO BLAME who gathered show money. 

The Pick 4 paid a paltry $30.65 on the .50 cent ticket. 

We'll give it a "go" next week.


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.