She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, November 8, 2020

SATURDAY BREEDERS CUP RESULTS

 An exciting day of Breeders Cup action yesterday! If I was reminded of one thing (and I kinda, sorta knew this going into the day's racing) is that you pay special attention to Irish and European horses running in turf races. 

There were four turf races yesterday, and "shippers from overseas" won all four of them. Irish trainer Aiden O'Brien, in fact...swept Race 9 -- The Breeders Cup Turf Mile -- and his entry Order of Australia, the also-eligible #15 horse  shocked the racing world at 73-1 odds. I only hit one turf race, in Race 11, when Irish bred Tarwana took the 1-1/2 mile affair at 9/2 odds. 

On the day, I gave you 48 horses to consider over the nine Breeders Cup races. Out of those, I had six winners, six places and six shows. That's a lower percentage than I usually come up with at 37.5%. When you consider there were 27 "money spots" available, I filed 67% of them. 

I did give you three trifectas (races 4, 8, and 12) and that was a day-saver. They paid (on the .50 box) $13.00, $546.00 and $71.10. Those his more than covered me for the day, I only hit one of the Pick Threes I tried -- it paid $47.20, with Monomoy Girl, Tarwana and Authentic getting to the wire firsr.. I On the trifectas, I did a five-horse, .50 tri box which cost $30. So, I wagered $270 over the nine races on them. I got back $630. That had me up $360. The three Pick threes cost $62.50 each ($187.50 total) and returned just $47...so that was a $140 loss, but the day was still a profit of $220. 

I'll take it...and THANK YOU Whitmore!!! ...who hit at 18-1 and created that huge Race 8 trifecta. 

I didn't play any, but I also lined out six exactas. 

Winners for me ( and hopefully you too) were:

Race 4: Gamine 2-1) -- Race 6: Knicks Go (9/5)  -- Race 8: Whitmore (18-1) -- Race 10: Monomoy Girl (1-1) -- Race 11: Tarwana (9/2) and Race 12: Improbable (4-1). 

Although I did a lor better Friday...giving you five winners in five races and the three Pick 3's, the late Pick 4 and the Pick 5....the Saturday card was a profit maker for me, so I'll take it. 

There are three weeks of racing left at Churchill in the November meet, so I'll be back for those Saturday Races...may throw in Thanksgiving and day after Thanksgiving cards as well and see if we can build a little more profit before we take a break here until the early spring.


paulie   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.