She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, November 15, 2020

CHURCHILL RESULTS -- 11/14/20

 A good day yesterday handicapping the final four races at Churchill Downs. I had three scratches face me, so I had to do a bit of late scrambling with the bets and the feature race-- the 9th and Grade III Ms. Revere was moved to the dirt from the turf, but I still managed to hit that one. 

In the final analysis, I had 20 runners go forth...when you look at my top picks and my "if scratches occur" selections. Out of those, I had 4 winners, 4 seconds and 1 show.  So, it wasn't a grand day for trifectas, but, I did give you four exactas and the Pick 4. The "in the money" percentage was 45% and I filled nine of the 12 "payable" slots for a 75% success rate there. 

Race 8 brought BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL to the wire first and he rewarded us at 14-1 with Julian Leparoux on board for one of my favorite Churchill trainers --  Paul McGee. MAKE NOISE scratched, which necessitated putting Big Beautiful Wall into the mix and he got it done  That exacta paid $131 on the $1 investment. 

Race 9 saw PATIO FLAG draw a lot of money after VILLANELLE scratched and she edged out the favorite OCEAN BREEZE at 7-5 odds to get to the wire first. The combination  of Santana riding and Asmussen training scores again and the $1 exacta paid a small $4.80 

Race 10, the feature racce -- the Ms. Revere Grade III,  drew a lot of money on winner PRINCESS GRACE after favorite HENDY WOODS scratched and she fulfilled the backers belief at 5-2 odds. PASS THE PLATE, trained by Paul McGee, could not catch her in the stretch. Meet leading rider Florent Geroux was the winning jockey and the $1 exacta got you $16.60. That race was the only trifecta I hit, receiving $68.70. If you decided to "roll your Pick 3's" in the final four races this one rewarded you with a $89.50 payout on the .50 cent attempt. 

The final race of the day Race 11 is where I thought there might be a longshot winner. It ran pretty true to form, though, with 5-2 HONORIFIQUE nosing out ROOKERY for the final win on the day. $.9.90 on the $1 exacta, that rolling Pick 3 got you $27.40 on the .50 cent wager and the late Pick Four, with the numbers 9-2-4-12 rewarded you with $370.35 on the ,50 cent try. Tyler Gaffalione rode the winner. 

If you played the Paulie Picks for the final Pick 4 verbatim, you laid out $135 for a $370 return, so that gave you a +$235 profit. The trifectas, though cost $30 a race for $120, and just got me back $68, so I lost $52 there. But, that still had me up $183 on the day. I'll take it. 

If you had gone the five-horse, $1 exacta box route for the four races, you would have turned your $80 investment into $162, a $82 profit...so congratulations if that's how you played the day. 

                                                         *********************************                   

We'll give it a go again next Saturday for closing weekend at Churchill. A longstanding tradition of mine of hitting the track on the Friday after Thanksgiving probably isn't going to happen, with this Covid shit getting worse each day, but, I may look at the final four races there as well and offer you FRIDAY and SATURDAY selections next week. 


paulie 

 . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.