She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, November 28, 2020

CHURCHILL RESULTS 11/27/20

 I outlined five races for Friday's card at Churchill and had some successes with the picks. I looked at the final five on the Friday card (Races 7-11) and came up with four winners, four places and four shows. I offered 29 "horses to consider" after scratches, so the "in the money percentage was 41%. When you consider there were 15 "money spots"(win, place and show) to fill, and I filled 12 of them, that percentage is 73%

We hit two Pick Threes in the sequence and also three trifectas. Let's look at the results. 

Race 7 gave us the top three finishers out of my picks. Funnybet took the race at 4-1 odds and this one was my top pick. That trifecta returned $48.50 on the .50 cent box. 

Race 8 belonged to Villanelle. She went off at 4-1 odds. I also had the trifecta in this race and it paid $119.50 on the .50 cent box. 

Race 9 ended with Hog Creek Hustle holding off the rest in the stretch and it was my top pick in the race. "The Hog" went off at 3-1 odds. That also gave me the first Pick 3 I attempted and it paid $57.80 on the ,50 cent attempt. 

Race 10, the Clark Handicap delivered a bit of a price upset when Bodexpress crossed the line first at 11-1 odds. I loved the runner, though, it was my top pick and set up a nice trifectas that returned $196.50. The finish also gave me my second Pick 3 of the five race sequence that paid $318 on the ,50 attempt. 

Race 11 was the only surprise (for me) in the sequence. I was a just a couple of strides away from getting Shell Shock home first (at 12-1 odds), when Atlanta his nose in front to take the win, I didn't have this first time starter in my picks...but got a belated second and third in the race. I can't blame the jock on Shell Shock (Albin Jimenez) for the narrow loss, but I do have to wonder if a more experienced...well, never mind. My favorite in the race (My Mane Girl) never fired and there was a key scratch when (Silverbella) backed out of the affair. 

The Pick Four (2-4-8-3) paid $7889 on the .50 cent wager. I didn't try it, if you did, I hope you figured Atlanta in that final leg somehow. 

Saturday's card looks challenging, indeed.  I'll have a new post later this morning with my picks for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.