She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, October 6, 2019

KEENELAND RESULTS FROM 10/5/19


A pretty good day at my attempts to pick winners at Keeneland. The 10th race blew up completely on me, though...I even went five deep trying to snag the late Pick 4 and couldn't even get a horse in the money.

Buzz kill. 

I did have three winners in the sequence though, two seconds and a third. I provided seventeen runners to consider, six "hit the board" for a "in the money" percentage of 37.5% which is a little lower than I usually come up with, 

A $2 win, place and show wager total of $102 on all 17 brought back $82, so we dropped $20 on that venture. A $1 exacta box on my picks in the four race sequence cost $56 and returned $54, 

I got saved in the ninth race, though...with a .50 cent pick three that covered races seven through nine...which cost $32 and returned $89..

So a $135 lesson. I can't understand how I misjudged a $1 million turf race so badly...but, apparently...based on the payouts...a lot of people were on that wrong barge with me.  

That darn tenth race. It blew the tote board up. A 8-1 winner and higher odds than that in second and third. 

We move on with the gentle reminder that, despite our best intentions, we can't always win every race.  


*******************************************************************************************************


I'll be back in two weeks. A little sortie with the wife will have me out of the loop for a couple of days...in terms of handicapping and such. Given the way the results have come out in the first two days of the Keeneland meet, maybe that's not a bad thing !!


paulie
xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.