She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Saturday June 1 Night Racing at Churchill



The Twin Spires get illuminated tonight with a "throwback theme" to 1969 and racing that begins at  6 p.m.

I've selected four plays for the evening:

RACE 3 :   #4 Rumandice looks far and away the best here. You won't get much of a price on this one but could be a "single" for vertical stuff like Pick 3's or the early Pick 4. I'll go $50 to win.

RACE 7:  I'm going to try a  .50 cent trifecta layer here that will feature #5 Grandezza and #10 Second Coming on top. I included #5 and #10 with #3, #6, and #8 for second and went really deep for third with #1, #2, #3, #5, #6, #8 and #10.  $20 is the cost on the .50 cent version

RACE 8 : This late Pick 4 looks like it could produce a nice return, so let's spend a bit to make a bunch. I'll go the .50 cent Pick 4 -- starting with #2, #3 in the eighth, #2, #5, #6, #9 #10 in the ninth, #1, #2, #3, #6, #7 in the tenth and finish it with #1, #4, #5 #9 in the eleventh. Cost you a "C" note.

Yes, it's a $100 wager and might be a bit steep for some, but, I think it'll easily pay $300 or more on the .50 cent variety, though, and probably much more. You could form a "pool" and include a couple/few folks to lighten the load, of course. A Pick 3 for races 9.10,11 gets you out for $50 and I'll probably venture there as well

Total outlay for the night: $220.  I expect much more coming back to me.

RESULTS: 

#4 RUMANDICE was the best in Race 3 and deservedly so, got hammered at the windows.
Still I got back $90 for $50 wagered and we always accept a outcome that is profitable. 

My Race 7 trifecta probably should have been just a straight out WPS on #5 Grandezza. He won for fun and returned $6.20 on a $2 wager. The trifecta was spolied by the 19-1 #1 horse running second, I figured that one was no better than third, so we dropped $20 there. 

I bet the late Pick 3 and Pick 4 as outlined above. I did a .50 cent variety in both sequences.

Out of that total of $150 wagered, the returns were $65.15 on the Pick 3 and $162.20 on the Pick 4. Not as high of a return as I hoped for (are they ever?) but $237 is what I collected for this outlay of $150 and that's a profit of $87. 

So, for the night, on these four selected wagers, I made a profit of $107. I'll walk out of there anytime with that. Sometimes a bettor tries to "beat the track" and go for every win in every race. Last night, I got selective and it was beneficial. 

Be sure to check back on Belmont Day (June 8th.) for a few selections from that card and also from what looks to be shaping up to be a very nice card at Churchill, too. 


paulie
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.