She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, June 16, 2019

RESULTS FROM STEPHEN FOSTER NIGHT


The rain held off and it was a picture perfect night for racing at Churchill Downs.

I handicapped the six stakes races on the card (5-10) and ended up with one scratch. Paddy's Day didn't go in the 10th. Maybe waiting for St. Patrick's Day?

Out of the 23 horses I gave you that actually broke from the gate...I had five winners, three places and three shows. We captured 11 of the 18 possible "pay" spots (61%) and 48% of my picks hit the board.

Some nice prices as well..  MARCH TO THE ARCH in the sixth paid $23.00 on a $2 win ticket. QUIP in the eighth returned $13.80 for a $2 place bet. HARD LEGACY in the ninth was worth $13.80 for $2 to win and RB TEXAS HOLD EM got you $17.80 on a $2 win wager.

Following the $2 across the board strategy that was implemented last week by a reader, I laid out $138 on $2 win, place and show total bets on my 23 runners. I got back $157. A $19 profit isn't worth running down Central Ave. screaming your lungs out about...but it's enough to handle a few beers and a dog out there "on them".

Race 8 was the race that kept me from going 6 for 6 with winners...my picks ran second with QUIP and third with TOM'S D'ETAT. I probably should have tossed SEEKING THE SOUL...the winner of Race 8 in there...but neither Yoshida nor Gift Box ran like I thought they would and Johnny V. edged quip by a neck with a nice stretch run.

Otherwise, I gave you MR. MONEY (5TH RACE), MARCH TO THE ARCH (6TH RACE), ELATE (7TH RACE), HARD LEGACY (9TH RACE) AND RB TEXAS HOLD EM (10TH RACE) as winners...and they did. 

If you were playing the Pick 3, 4 or 5 wagers, it wasn't a good night for you.

I'll be back later this month with a look at more racing.


paulie
xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.