She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, May 1, 2016

A WEEK OUT FROM DERBY



As we get ready for Derby Week, who is hot and who is not? I've adjusted my top 5 a bit. Here's how it stands on Sunday 5/1/16:

1) EXAGGERATOR. I'm still in love with the way he won last time out. He also seems to like Churchill a lot. Rain or shine he's still my #1.

2) CREATOR. He moves up for me over Nyquist. I do think the Derby Race will be won by a closer and he's a darn good one.

3) GUN RUNNER. The big guy looks like he's having the time of his life on the Churchill oval and he's such an impressive horse to see. 

4) NYQUIST. A mediocre work at Keeneland and average work at Churchill. He may hit the top of the stretch in the lead but whether he'll finish that way is the questioning here. 

5) BRODY'S CAUSE. The more I look at the way he won at Keeneland, he more I like him. He'll relish the long Churchill stretch and should be gaining in the final furlong.

We'll wait for the post position draw next (on Wednesday) and see if this will affect the way I'm thinking.

Enjoy Derby Week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.