She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Churchill Downs Results 5-23-20


A great day yesterday for handicapping at Churchill for the last five races. I outlined a All-Stakes Pick 5 for you yesterday and it cost $72. It "hit" and returned $414 on the .50 cent version. 

Four out of the top five picks I gave you won and my second pick in Race 11 came in first, so, however you played the picks, you had some success. The Pick 4 returned $237 on a $18 investment and I was happy to see that also.  

I listed 26 horses to watch in the five race sequence, and, out of those, we had five winners, two seconds and four thirds. That's a 42% "in the money" average. Out of the 15 possible "paying" slots, we had a even better  73% success rate, 

Race 7 went to odds on favorite Dunbar Road. A payout of $3.40 to win

Race 8 was taken by Sharing and a win price of $6.60 for that one

Race 9 saw Owendale hit the wire first for a $9.00 win payout. I saw Owendale as my "best bet" of the sequence, was surprised I got 7/2 odds on him and "unbuckled". across the board. $5.20 to place and $4.00 to show was nice and unexpected. A $6 "across the board" investment brought back $18.20. 

Race 10 produced Maxfield handling the field. $4.60 to win. Watch him in the Belmont Stakes if they send him !  I correctly picked the trifecta, a small return of only $20.90 on the .50 cent wager. 

Race 11 featured Smooth Like Strait nosing out Pixelate for the highest win payout of the sequence at $12.20. I gave you the trifecta here also and it paid $226.85 on a .50 cent wager. 

A $2 win wager on my top picks would have cost you $10 and you would have got back $23.60. Only Hieronymous disappointed --  in Race 11. -- finishing fourth. 

I'll gladly take my self created "stimulus check" profit I handicapped on yesterday'd card and we'll try it again next Saturday. If you're trying today's card, remember it rained pretty hard last night during the final race and after it, so check those track conditions before you invest. I'm going to "take the day off" and enjoy the rest of Memorial Day weekend. I'm way ahead on Churchill in profit margin so far in the early part of this meet and plan on adding to it when we meet again on May 30th. . 


--paulie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.