Tuesday, November 1, 2016
BREEDERS CUP -- Looking at the Juvenile Turf, Juvelines Fillies Turf, Dirt Mile and Distaff
With a huge 14 race cards over two days, I thought I'd get a little head-start on the proceedings of Friday, November 4th and Saturday November 5th and look at the Friday races first...
With two great handicappers like Archie and Scott likely to chime in on these, Sonya has decided not to pick this year...feeling the coverage is sufficient. She's been a big fan of what Jen Jade has done over the years with her handicapping skills and if you want some insight to what Sonya probably would have picked, go find Jen's picks and that'll pretty much give you an idea.
Anyway, here we go! Here's Friday's four...
(13) Oscar Perforance. Last two wins are enough for me to put him on top
(11) Good Samaritan. Held force in the summer Stakes. Mott and Rosario!
(8) Intelligence Cross. British Invader gets veteran Ryan Moore on board.
(9) Wellabled. Three wins in four outings...two of them in Stakes company.
(3) New Money Honey. Looked very good in the Miss Grillo S. at Belmont.
(5) Victory to Victory. Blinkers in last and romped. Add Leparoux? Uh, oh.
(1) Hydrangea. Four straight second place finishes. Could grab second again.
(13) Roly Poly. Another British entry. Has finished first or second lifetime.
(7) Runhappy. Top pick in a highly competitive field.
(3) Dortmund. Could really appreciate this track and distance.
(9) Gun Runner. Word is he's looking very good this week.
(2) Tom's Ready. Looked very impressive in the Ack Ack at Churchill.
(8) Beholder. Narrow top pick in a very talented field
(1) Songbird. Has done nothing to suggest she can't win.
(3) Curalina. Hard knocker should get a piece of the mutuals
(5) Stellar Wind. Don't discount this one. Has defeated Beholder.