She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Saturday Cardinal Couple -- HAPPY DERBY DAY!!!







HAPPY DERBY DAY! . We wish the best of luck and good fortunes to our lacrosse and softball squads today. And to you also...whether you are going to the track, a Derby Party, watching on TV or just thinking fondly of Louisville, KY on this first Saturday in May.



"And to see 20 horses, charging out of the starting gate...while 150,000 people scream for the event, the occasion, their horse...or just to be screaming...is one of the most exciting parts of the greatest two minutes in sports."


HOW DID PAULIE DO ON OAKS DAY? A PROFIT OF $106. I BET A $1 EXACTA AND $1 TRIFECTA ON ALL SIX STAKES RACES. THIS COST A TOTAL OF $216. I COLLECTED A TOTAL OF $322.

I HIT THE RACE SIX EXACTA $30.90 AND TRIFECTA $116.60. I HIT THE RACE NINE EXACTA $37.50. I HIT THE TENTH RACE EXACTA $40.70. FINALLY, I HAD THE ELEVENTH RACE EXACTA $11.00 AND TRIFECTA $88.20.

I GOT HOME WITH $40 LESS THAN I LEFT WITH. AFTER ADMISSION FOR SONJA AND I AND FOOD AND BEVERAGES. WE HAD A GREAT TIME WITH TOMMY BOY, BIG LINDA, MONDO VENDO, JO-JO AND SAM I AM IN THE INFIELD. OTHERS STOPPED BY TO SEE US BY THE CEDAR TREE NEXT TO THE BACK OF THE PATH THAT CIRCLES THE INFIELD.  IT WAS A BIT CLOUDY AND CHILLY DAY BUT WE HAD BIG FUN AND WE'LL BE BACK THERE NEXT YEAR AS WELL.

AND NOW...YOUR DERBY STAKES RACES PICKS:


KENTUCKY DERBY STAKES RACES PICKS

THE CHURCHILL DISTAFF TURF MILE  RACE 6

Paulie:

#9 Centre Court handles these with ease today. #1 Tapicat is there to battle  #3 Miz Ida for second and #2 Coffee Clique could run a big one and challenge for pace money.

Sonja:

#7 Ready Signal is my longshot special. Whether she can pull the upset off over a very good #9 Centre Court remains to be seen, but that's the way I'm betting. I'll take #6 I'm Already Sexy for third place.


THE HUMANA DISTAFF  RACE 7

Paulie:

# 8 Midnight Lucky and #3 Judy The Beauty will hit the wire noses apart and #5 Scherzinger won't be far back. #6 Iotapa could hit the board for show also.

Sonja:

I'll agree with #8 Midnight Lucky and #3 Judy The Beauty looking like the exacta combination but don't count out #2 Heart Stealer with Johnny V. on board. #6 Iotapa completes the superfecta.


THE AMERICAN TURF  RACE 8

Paulie:

#7 Big Bazinga got scratched and that was my top pick.#5 Global View, #8 Storming Inti, #10 Picozza and #11 Woodfield Springs all look like they could hit the line first in this very tough field.

Sonja:

#1 Cleburne could blow up the mutuals and he has a win on this track. I also like #8 Storming Inti, #5 Global View and #8 Storming Inti.


THE CHURCHILL DOWNS  RACE 9

Paulie:

#10 Delaunay is 4 for 4 at Churchill and that's my top pick. I do see #11 Shakin It Up, #4 Sahara Sky and # 9 Central Banker making it interesting...


Sonja:

#2 Clearly Now will love it here and pass all of these in the stretch. Horses he'll be running by are #10 Delaunay, #11 Shakin It Up and #7 River Bear.


THE WOODFORD RESERVE TURF CLASSIC    RACE 10


Paulie:


#1 Wise Dan is my best bet of the day. A monster. #5 Kaigun and #10 Seek Again are there to challenge and will complete the top three. WISE DAN IS A MONSTER! 


Sonja:


After Will Take Charge got upset yesterday...anything can happen. I'll look to beat the "monster" with # 5 Kaigun, #7 Boisterous and #3 Guys Reward.

THE KENTUCKY DERBY    RACE 11


Paulie:

It's probably #5 California Chrome's race to lose...but I'll go after him with #12 Dance With Fate, #7 We Miss Artie and #15 Tapiture.

Sonja:

I agree about #5 Califonia Chrome but I will try and beat him with #20 Wicked Strong, #19 Ride On Curlin and #16 Intense Holiday.


GOOD LUCK DERBY DAY AND WAGER RESPONSIBLY.

paulie and sonja





paulie




No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.