She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, May 28, 2022

CHURCHILL PICKS -- 5/28/22

 A great weekend for racing at Churchill this Memorial Day Weekend. We'll look at the final four races out there today -- a nice stakes race, high level allowance and allowance optional claiming affairs and a maiden special weight close out the card. 

In case of scratches today, I've listed a "fifth horse" today in my picks, since I won't be around to come in and do any changes/updates. 

Best of luck today!


RACE 8 

4 -- WAR CAMPAIGN

10 -- PIONEERING SPIRIT

7 -- BRIGHT PROSPECTOR

3 -- RIDLEY'S MANOR

( 13 -- GUN RUNNER -- IF SCRATCHES OCCUR)


RACE 9 

3 -- GUN IT 

5 -- DENNIS' MOMENT

2 -- AWESOME GERRY

6 -- EBBEN

( 1 -- ATOKA -- IF SCRATCHES OCCUR)


RACE 10 

7 -- TEMPLE CITY TERROR

2 -- DISAPPEARING ACT

8 -- LUCK MONEY

1 -- STAND TALL

( 5 -- FEDERALIST PAPERS -- IF SCRATCHES OCCUR)


RACE 11

2 -- ARI OAKLEY

1 -- STATIC FIRE

8 -- ONTHEONESANDTWOS

6 -- BALI DREAMING

( 10 -- CODE FOR SUCCESS -- IF SCRATCHES OCCUR)


Play 'em anyway you like and have a winning day !

(A neat thing I heard the other day)..."It all begins with the effort. You have to put out the best effort you have...because your "rep", your past performances and your presence don't scare your opponent. They are there to take something away from you. A win. You must deny that. You must have the better effort. I hear losing coaches, players and others say that 'we weren't ready for them' or 'they out-played us in so-and-so quarter or stretch' and what it means is their effort was better than yours. They took it away from you. Me? I don't like to give away what I want. I am always going to give my best effort. I'm not out there for the popcorn, the fan recognition or because I had nothing else better to do. I want to win, so I must put out the better effort." 


paulie

paulie

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.