She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, October 16, 2021

KEENELAND PICKS -- 10/16/21

 

It looks to be a beautiful. fall type day for racing at Keeneland today, no rain in the forecast and temperatures in the 60's. A good card, with two challenging allowance races, a maiden race that looks pretty tough and the Qoeen Elizabeth II, Grade I Cup Stakes. Two turf, two dirt. 

Let's get to it: 


RACE 7 -- MAIDEN -- 84K -- 1-1/16TH MILE

1 -- BIG CITY MOMMA

2 -- SOVEREIGN APPROVAL

5 -- STREET MISSION

3 -- SOUTH GEORGIA


RACE 8  -- QE II CUP -- 500K -- 1-18TH MILE (TURF) 

4 -- EMPRESS JOSEPH

3 -- SHANTISARA

2 -- TECHNICAL ADVISOR

8 -- FLIPPANT


RACE 9 -- ALLOWANCE -- 86K -- 1 MILE

1 -- MALIBU STAR

5 -- DUCATE

4 -- WINTER POOL

2 -- OTTOTHELEGEND


RACE 10 -- ALLOWNCE -- 88K -- 5-1/2 FURLONGS (TURF) 

1 -- SOCIAL CHATTER

4 -- CHILI PETIN

3 -- GHOSTING KIM

6 -- SIGNIFY


THE PLAY: 

Let's chase a late Pick 4 here (races 7-10) and take my first three picks in Race 7. I'll follow that up with my top four picks in Race 8 -- and include #10 CLOSING ROMANCE in the OE II -- this one has been a West Coaster -- has been in the money seven out of nine times and run in eight stakes races out there. In Race 9, I'll take my top four and might consider #9 Mr. Tip -- he goes from turf to dirt and has faced tougher in his career. I'll end with my top four picks in the Race 10 closer -- this one is wide open, honestly, and -- keep an eye open -- if #13 or #15 get "in" off the AE list -- they should be respected. Add them, if needed, and replace the 6 and/or the 4. 

1,2,5/2,3,4,8,10/1,2,4,5,9/1,3,4,6  =  Cost $150


Good luck today! 

paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.