She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Churchill Downs Selections -- 6/27/20


An absolutely HUGE day of racing awaits at the ol' Twin Spires today with (4) Stakes races and a great under-card as well.

The stakes races run from Races 8-11, so let's look at those with some selections and see if we can pick a few winners. That sequence also happens to be the late Pick 4, so -- why not? -- let's give it a try. 

If scratches occur, I'll pop back in with updates, so be sure to check back if that happens. 


RACE 8 -- BASHFORD MANOR STAKES -- (GIII) -- $100K -- SIX FURLONGS

6 -- CAZADERO
3 -- GATSBY
4 -- HYPERFOCUS
2 -- HULEN



RACE 9 -- FLEUR DE LIS STAKES -- (GII) -- $200K -- 1-1/16TH MILES

5 -- MIDNIGHT BISOU
4 -- SERENGETI EMPRESS
1 -- GO GOOGLE YOURSELF
7 -- MOTION EMOTION 



RACE 10 -- SYTEPHEN FOSTER STAKES -- (GII) -- $500K -- 1-1/8TH MILES

5 -- TOM'S D ETAT
6 -- BY MY STANDARDS
8 -- OWENDALE
1 -- FEARLESS



RACE 11 -- REGRET STAKES -- (GII) -- $100K -- 1-18TH MILES (TURF) 

5 -- CRYSTAL CLIFFS
4 -- IN GOOD SPIRITS
12 -- PASS THE PLATE
1 -- DOMINGA


Pick 4 strategy: 

Race 8 looks to be an affair where I see four horses that I think could win. They're my top four picks,so...let's use them .. 2,3,4,6

Race 9 looks like a two horse race (Midnight Bisou and Serengeti Empress) but I'm adding Paul McGee's GO GOOGLE YOURSELF to the mix. He's 7 times in the money at Churchill in nine attempts and regular jock Brian Hernandez, Jr rides.  Let's go 1,4,5.

Race 10 also looks to be a two-horse contest with Tom's D Etat and By My Standards. Corey Lanerie, who always does well at Churchill is the new rider on By My Standards. If you want to go deep, maybe consider Owendale and Fearless, but I'm sticking with the top two I mentioned....they just seem to be a step above the others.  5,6 are the two I'll use. 

Race 11 is a wide open three-year old filly affair on the turf. Most of these haven't been a mile and an eighth in their careers, so I see it as very competitive. I'll go deep for the finale...using my top four picks and adding:  9 -- Eve of War, 3 -- Stunning Sky, 6 --  Micheline and see how it goes.   Let's play 1,3,4,5,6,9,12. 

Total cost:  $84


Good luck today, play 'em however you want.


paulie
xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.