She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Saturday Late Pick 4 Gulfstream 2/22/20



A challenging, late Pick 4 sequence to consider in South Florida, so let's give it a whirl. A good jockey colony on hand, top trainers and two stakes races and two allowance races make up the four-race slate. 

RACE 8 -- ALLOWANCE -- 7 FURLONGS -- DIRT

7 - SILVER RATIO
8 - VIOLENT CITY
2 - BAD LITTLE BEAST
3 - COST BASIS

(Note:  These four look like the main contenders and I couldn't make an argument for any others, so we'll go with these.) 

RACE 9 -- STAKES 100k -- 6 FURLONGS -- DIRT

2 - LASTING LEGACY
5 - JACKSON
4 - ADMIRAL LYNCH
1 - EPIC DREAMER

( Note:  I do like longshot Jackson in here, the connections arre "right" but Lasting Legacy will be tough to beat, I tossed in the other two in case it "falls apart" in the stretch.) 


RACE 10 -- ALLOWANCE -- 1 MILE -- TURF

10 - LARGENT
1 - AWARD WINNER
11- UNCLE MOJO
3 - PROLIFERATE

(Note:  Toughest race of the sequence for me to handicap. A challenging turf mile. In addition to the four about, I do think Bourbon Winner has to merit some consideration, so I'll toss him in the fray as well) 


RACE 11 -- STAKES -- 6 FURLONGS -- 6 FURLONGS -- DIRT

2 - SOUND MACHINE
5 - FRANK'S ROCKETTE
6 - STILL ALIVE

(Note:  It's a two-hose race between Sound Machine and Frank's Rockette the way I see it. I did toss Still Alive in because of rider Lopez and his fondness of "getting out and going") 

Good luck today an bet 'em however you want! Remember, never put the mortgage on a mudder! 


paulie
xxxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.