She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, August 25, 2018

HANDICAPPING HEROES -- SELECTIONS FOR SARATOGA PICK 4 -- 8/25/18


First off, our deepest thoughts and sympathy go out to the family and friends of our Handicapper and friend Scotty Harris. Scotty is in hospice and pallative care and not expected to be with us much longer. Sometimes, words escape you and this is one of those times. I can only tell you that he was a good friend, great husband and father, intelligent handicapper and a joy and pleasure to be around.

Handicapping Heroes won't be the same...our lives won't be the same with Scott in our midst. I'll miss seeing him in the chair at the desk at Churchill and miss his smile, sly comments and sage advice. He'll be free from the pain, the suffering and the worry soon. I guess God needed a good handicapper to help him hit a few Pick 4's up there at Heavenly Downs and I can think of no one finer than Scott to assist him. I will miss my friend, but I will help to keep alive the great memories of him, the times we shared on the radio and in life and the things he did for me and all of us.

Go easy, bro.

We have a challenging race sequence to handicap today with four Grade I races at "the Spa". Arch opted to do Races 10-13, I went with Race 8-11. Here's what we came up with.


RACE 8 -- BALRINA STAKES (GRADE I) $500,000 -- 7 FURLONGS

PAULIE

7 - MARLEY'S FREEDOM
6 - LEWIS BAY
5 - FINLEY'SLUCKYCHARM
3 - STILL THERE



RACE 9 -- FOREGO STAKES (GRADE I) $600,000 -- 7 FURLONGS

PAULIE

1 - LIMOUSENE LIBERAL
3 - WHITMORE
8 - CITY OF LIGHT
6 - CZ ROCKET


RACE 10 -- SWORD DANCER STAKES (GRADE I) $1,000,000 -- 1-1/2 MILES (INNER TURF) 

PAULIE

2 - SPRING QUALITY
10 - SADLER'S JOY
4 - HI HAPPY
7 - CHANNEL MAKER


RACE 11 -- THE TRAVERS STAKES  (GRADE I) $1,250,000 -- 1-1/4 MILES

9 - GOOD MAGIC
10 - TENFOLD
11 - CATHOLIC BOY
5 - VINO ROSSO


ARCHIE SELECTIONS: 



RACE 10 -- SWORD DANCER

3 - FUNTASTIC
2 - SPRING QUALITY
1 - GLORIOUS EMPIRE
6 - BIGGER PICTURE


RACE 11 -- THE TRAVERS

9 - GOOD MAGIC
2 - WONDER GADOT
11 - CATHOLIC BOY
10 - TENFOLD


RACE 12 -- WOODFORD RESERVE -- 1-1/16TH TURF

1- A RAVING BEAUTY
3 - PROCTOR'S LEDGE
5 - QUIDURA
6 - OFF LIMITS


RACE 13 --  MAIDEN $45,000 -- 1 MILE (TURF)

5 - AZZEDINE
10 - UNCLE LARRY
7 -  END OF AN ERA
9 -  VICTOR LOUNGE


Keep Scott in your thoughts and prayers and we hope his last few days are pain free and comfortable. 




For a more detailed description and commentary on our picks, be sure to listen to HANDICAPPING HEROES Saturdays at noon on WCHQ 100.9 FM or at the WCHQ app.

Listen live also at www.wchqfm.com

Let's win some money today, honey, and leave the track with more money then we went in with.


paulie
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.